Rx Vitamins Phos Bind is a veterinary-formulated phosphate binder designed to reduce phosphate levels in pets with kidney disease. Kidney disease commonly causes elevated phosphate levels. Elevated phosphate levels is known to cause mineralization of the tissues, secondary hyperparathyroidism, and worsening of the kidney disease. High phosphate diets are associated with higher mortality rates in kidney patients. This is why pets with kidney disease must have their phosphate levels monitored regularly with their vets, and if phosphate is elevated, dietary phosphate binders like RxVitamins Phos Bind would be beneficial in reducing dietary phosphate.
- Reduces dietary phosphate for pets with kidney disease
- Supports kidney function in dogs and cats
- Tasteless and easy to administer - just mix into food!
- Hypoallergenic powder for pets with sensitivities.
- Approved by the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC).
- Does not affect serum calcium levels, compared with calcium-based phosphate binders
Each scoop of Rx Vitamins Phos Bind contains 500mg of Aluminium Hydroxide
(Using small scoop provided, found inside bottle)
<2.5kg: Add 0.5 scoops into food once a day
2.5-5kg: Add 0.5 scoops into food twice a day
5-7.5kg: Add 1 scoop in the morning and 0.5 scoops at night, into food
7.5-10kg: Add 1 scoop into food twice a day
10-12.5kg: Add 1.5 scoops in the morning and 1 scoop at night, into food
12.5-15kg: Add 1.5 scoops into food twice a day
15-20kg: Add 2 scoops into food twice a day
20-25kg: Add 3 scoops in the morning and 2 scoops at night, into food
25-30kg: Add 3 scoops into food, twice a day
Store in a cool, dry, place, away from light.
To be used only under guidance from a licensed veterinarian